Calendered vinyls can provide limitless customization and stunning aesthetics for a wide range of surfaces. This type of vinyl is made of plasticized PVC that is soft and flexible.
Unlike other types of vinyl, the material is passed through a series of rollers at high temperatures to create thin sheets, while 3M cast vinyls are put inside a mold to achieve the size, width, and texture desired. At Airmark, we leverage technology and tradition to offer professional solutions for window vinyls, regardless of your needs.
Why Calendered Vinyl Is the Best Option
Calendered vinyl is commonly used in the production of outdoor signs, banners, and vehicle graphics. It is also employed in interior design, as it can be cut into various shapes and applied to a wide range of surfaces, such as walls and windows. Compared to cast vinyl, which is made using a different manufacturing process and is generally more expensive, calendered vinyl is more efficient. However, it has a shorter lifespan, making it a good option for short-term or projects where cost is a consideration.
While cast vinyl requires a higher energetic cost in its production process, calendered vinyl is more effective to produce. Additionally, because it’s made with PVC material, it won’t be affected by water or sunlight like some other types of materials.
One of the main benefits of using calendered vinyl is its cost-effectiveness. Compared to other types of vinyl, such as cast or polymeric film, it tends to be less expensive while offering similar characteristics. Additionally, it can handle extreme weather conditions. It is particularly resistant against water and sunlight, meaning businesses can save money in the long run. Often times with calendered vinyl, it can feel like you are getting more bang for your buck.
Finally, one major advantage that comes from using calendered vinyl is its versatility. First, it features a wide range of customization, including colors, textures, and finishes. Calendered vinyl can easily be printed with both digital and traditional techniques, such as screen printing. Plus, because it’s so thin and flexible, calendered vinyl can be cut into any shape or size without losing its integrity.
Businesses can benefit from using calendered vinyl in a number of ways. Some of them are:
- Outdoor signage: Calendered vinyl is a popular choice for making outdoor signs and billboards, as it is durable and can withstand water and sunlight. For window signage, you might consider 3M architectural window film.
- Vehicle graphics: It is also commonly used for vehicle graphics, as it can be used to create custom designs and wraps for vehicles.
- Banners: Calendered vinyl is a cost-effective option for creating banners for events, sales, and promotions. It can be printed with high-quality graphics and text and is durable enough to be installed outdoors.
- Wall graphics: It can be used to create custom wall graphics for interior spaces, such as offices, retail stores, and restaurants. The fact that it can be cut into a wide range of sizes and is easily removed makes it a great option for interior designers.
- Labels and decals: Calendered vinyl is also used to create labels and decals for products, packaging, and promotional items. It can be printed with high-quality graphics and text.
Calendered Vinyl and You
Overall, calendered vinyl is durable, cost-effective and versatile. It is a popular choice for businesses looking to create custom signs, graphics, and branding materials. Whether you need signs for outdoor use or vehicle wraps for promotional purposes, don’t hesitate to contact AirMark as your one-stop shop for equipment and supplies. Our knowledgeable team will gladly assist you!