Build and expand your sign and graphics business with a wide range of applications, low running-costs, and the quick drying benefits of Roland DG's first resin printer. Dual, staggered printheads with variable dot printing and True Rich Color presets offer natural, vibrant print results with higher color saturation. Water-based TrueVIS Resin Ink provides quick-drying, scratch-resistant, and safe results on a wide range of media. Legendary Roland DG machine reliability, service, and support now available in a resin ink printer.
- Drying time is virtually eliminated thanks to a built in heating unit
- New 700 ml high-capacity ink pouches are easily replaceable, supporting economical and environmental printing operation
- Dual, staggered Piezo printheads receive optimizer and ink in tandem to maintain optimal workflow
- Newly developed water-based resin ink and innovative True Rich Color 3 preset works together to ensure vibrant color and natural-looking print quality time and again
- High pigment, quick drying resin inks let you produce more output with less ink, effectively reducing running costs
- The AP-640 comes with user-friendly, feature-filled RIP software, and Roland DG Connect print operation app
- 7-inch, full-color touch panel offers easy print options with intuitive settings and functions
- Interior Wall Graphics
- Stickers and Labels
- Fabric and Fine Art
- Vehicle Graphics
- Floors and More
|PRINTING TECHNOLOGY||Piezo ink-jet method|
|ACCEPTABLE MEDIA WIDTHS||10.2 to 64 in. (259 to 1625 mm)|
|ACCEPTABLE MEDIA THICKNESS||Maximum 39.3 mil (1.0 mm) with liner|
|ACCEPTABLE MEDIA ROLL OUTER DIAMETER||Maximum 9.8 in. (250 mm)|
|ACCEPTABLE MEDIA ROLL WEIGHT||Maximum 99 lb. (45 kg)|
|ACCEPTABLE MEDIA CORE DIAMETER||3 in. (76.2 mm) or 2 in. (50.8 mm)|
|PRINTING WIDTH*1||Maximum 63.5 in. (1615 mm)|
Resin ink 700 ml pouch
Four colors (cyan, magenta, yellow, and black) and optimizer
|INK DRYING SYSTEM*2||
Print heater set temperature: 77 to 113°F (25 to 45°C)
Dryer set temperature: 158 to 230°F (70 to 110°C)
|PRINTING RESOLUTION||Maximum 1200 x 1200 dpi|
|CONNECTIVITY||Ethernet (100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T, automatic switching)|
|POWER CONSUMPTION||During Operation: 4,000 W, During Sleep Mode: 65 W|
|ACOUSTIC NOISE LEVEL||During Operation: 69 dB (A) or less, During Standby: 53 dB (A) or less|
|DIMENSIONS/WEIGHT||113.7[W] x 33[D] x 61.1[H] in 2886[W] x 836[D] x 1550[H]mm, 587lb (266kg)|
|OPERATING ENVIRONMENT||Power on: Temperature: 68 to 86 °F (15 to 32 °C), humidity: 20 to 80 %RH (no condensation), Power off: Temperature: 41 to 104 °F (5 to 40 °C), Humidity: 20 to 80 % RH (no condensation)|
*1The length of printing or cutting is subject to the limitations of the program.
*2 Warm-up is required after power up. This may require 5 to 20 minutes, depending on the operating environment. Depending on the ambient temperature and media width, the preset temperature may fail to be reached.
Need a Quote, Price Match, or Virtual Demo?
Contact our team for more info about current promos, price matching, or to schedule a virtual equipment demo. Chat with us on our website, call us at (800) 527-7778, or fill out the form below. We'll get back to you right away.
100% Privacy Guarantee
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.