Roland TrueVIS VG2-540 54" Printer Cutter
Roland TrueVIS VG2-540 54" Printer Cutter
Engineered to exceed the quality and production needs of today’s most demanding professionals, the TrueVIS VG2 is everything you could ever want in a printer/cutter and a whole lot more.
- Featuring new inks and color modes for detailed color reproduction
- Increased print/cut accuracy and smart new automated pinch rollers
- 3M™ MCS™ Warranty and Avery Dennison™ ICS™ Warranty Program certified for added print confidence
Features at a glance:
- Attractive and rigid new industrial design that minimizes vibrations to optimize printing and cutting
- Automated pinch rollers improve cutting accuracy by keeping media steady with adjustable pressure settings
- New media clamps with inetegrated grooves no longer interfere with sheet-cutting or need to be removed
- Four FlexFire printheads with precision droplet technology maximize print performance
- Included take-up and optional drying units boost performance during high-volume, unattended operation
- Die-cut Labels and Stickers
- Vehicle Wraps
- Posters and Backlit Displays
- Wall Graphics and Murals
- Fine Art and Photos
- Colorful Print & Cut Heat Transfers
Roland TrueVIS VG2-540 54-Inch Printer Cutter Overview
Industry-Leading Warranty and Support
For over 35 years, Roland has provided industry professionals with the most advanced and reliable machines, backed by unmatched customer service and technical support. The VG2 is supplied with a Two-Year Trouble-Free Warranty to give you added peace-of-mind and machine support.
|PRINTING METHOD||Piezo ink-jet method|
|MEDIA WIDTH||12.4 to 64 in. (315 to 1,625 mm)||10.8 to 54 in. (275 to 1,371 mm)|
|MEDIA THICKNESS||Max. 39 mil (1.0 mm) with liner, for printing
Max. 16 mil (0.4 mm) with liner and 9 mil (0.22 mm) without liner, for cutting
|MEDIA ROLL OUTER DIAMETER||Max. 8.3 in. (210 mm )|
|MEDIA ROLL WEIGHT||Max. 88 lb. (40 kg)||Max. 66 lb. (30 kg)|
|MEDIA CORE DIAMETER (*1)||3 in. (76.2 mm) or 2 in. (50.8 mm)|
|PRINTING/CUTTING WIDTH (*2)||Max. 63 in. (1,600 mm)||Max. 53 in. (1,346 mm)|
|INK TYPE||TrueVIS INK 500 ml pouch (only white 250 ml)|
|INK COLORS||8 colors (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Light Cyan, Light Magenta, Light Black, and White)
8 colors (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Light Cyan, Light Magenta, Light Black, and Orange)
4 colors (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black)
|PRINTING RESOLUTION (DOTS PER INCH)||Max. 1,200 dpi|
|CUTTING SPEED||0.4 to 11.8 in/s (10 to 300 mm/s)|
|BLADE FORCE (*3)||30 to 500 gf|
|BLADE TYPE||Roland CAMM-1 series blade|
|BLADE OFFSET||0.0 to 59.1 mil (0.000 to 1.500 mm)|
|SOFTWARE RESOLUTION (WHEN CUTTING)||0.98 mil/step (0.025 mm/step)|
|DISTANCE ACCURACY (WHEN PRINTING) (*4) (*5)||Error of less than +/-0.3% of distance traveled or +/-11.8 mil (+/-0.3 mm), whichever is greater|
|DISTANCE ACCURACY (WHEN CUTTING) (*4)||Error of less than +/-0.4% of distance traveled or +/-11.8 mil (+/-0.3 mm), whichever is greater
When distance correction has been performed (when the setting for [CUTTING MENU] - [CALIBRATION] has been made): Error of less than +/-0.2% of distance traveled or +/-3.9 mil (+/-0.1 mm), whichever is greater
|REPEATABILITY (WHEN CUTTING) (*4) (*6)||+/-3.9 mil (+/-0.1 mm) or less|
|ALIGNMENT ACCURACY FOR PRINTING AND CUTTING (*4) (*7)||+/-19.7 mil (+/-0.5 mm) or less|
|ALIGNMENT ACCURACY FOR PRINTING AND CUTTING WHEN RELOADING MEDIA (*4) (*8)||Error of less than +/-0.5% of distance traveled, or +/-0.2 in. (+/-3 mm), whichever is greater|
|MEDIA HEATING SYSTEM (*9)||Print heater set temperature: 86 to 112°F (30 to 45°C)
Dryer set temperature: 30 to 50°C (86 to 122°F)
|CONNECTIVITY||Ethernet (100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T, automatic switching)|
|POWER-SAVING FUNCTION||Automatic sleep feature|
|POWER REQUIREMENTS||AC 100 to 120 V +/-10%, 8.0 A, 50/60 Hz or
AC 220 to 240 V +/-10%, 4.1 A, 50/60 Hz
|POWER CONSUMPTION DURING OPERATION||Approx. 1,090 W|
|POWER CONSUMPTION DURING SLEEP MODE||Approx. 40 W|
|ACOUSTIC NOISE LEVEL DURING OPERATION||63 dB (A) or less|
|ACOUSTIC NOISE LEVEL DURING STANDBY||53 dB (A) or less|
|DIMENSIONS (WITH STAND)||116 [W] × 28.8 [D] × 51.6 [H] in.
(2,945 (W) × 730 (D) × 1,310 (H) mm)
|105.8 [W] × 28.8 [D] × 51.6 [H] in.
(2,685 (W) × 730 (D) × 1,310 (H) mm)
|WEIGHT (WITH STAND)||451.9 lb. (204 kg)||421 lb. (188 kg)|
|ENVIRONMENT DURING OPERATION||Temperature: 68 to 90°F (20 to 32°C),
Humidity: 35 to 80%RH (no condensation)
|ENVIRONMENT NOT OPERATING||Temperature: 41 to 104°F (5 to 40°C),
Humidity: 20 to 80%RH (no condensation)
|INCLUDED ITEMS||Dedicated stands, power cord, media clamps, media holders, replacement blade for separating knife, manuals, etc.|
- 500 gf is the maximum instantaneous blade force.
- The blade force must be adjusted according to details such as the media thickness.
- Media type: Media specified by Roland DG Corporation
- Temperature: 25°C (77°F), humidity: 50%RH
- Roll media must be loaded correctly.
- Applicable when all pinch rollers that can be used with the media width are used.
- Side margins: 25 mm (1.0 in.) or more for both the left and right margins
- Excluding expansion/contraction of the media
- Not assured when the print heater or dryer is used.
- Assumes all correction and adjustment functions of the machine have been used properly.
- [PREFEED] menu item must be set to "ENABLE."
- Range for assured repetition accuracy
- For media with a width exceeding 610 mm (24.0 in.): Length: 4,000 mm (157.5 in.)
- For media with a width of 610 mm (24.0 in.) or less: Length: 8,000 mm (315.0 in.)
- Provided that the media feed length is 3,000 mm (118.1 in.) or less
- Excludes the effects of slanted movement and of expansion and contraction of the media
- Data size:
- 64-inch model: 1,000 mm (39.4 in.) in the media-feed direction, 1,600 mm (63.0 in.) in the carriage-movement direction
- 54-inch model: 1,000 mm (39.4 in.) in the media-feed direction, 1,346 mm (53.0 in.) in the carriage-movement direction
- No lamination
- Automatic detection of crop marks at 4 points when media is reloaded
- During cutting, [PREFEED] menu item must be set to "ENABLE."
- Excluding possible shift caused by expansion/contraction of the media and/or by reloading the media.
- Warm-up is required after power up. This may require 5 to 20 minutes, depending on the operating environment.
- Depending on the ambient temperature and media width, the preset temperature may fail to be reached.